All Trademarks and copyrights belong to their respective owners; when used without permission; no challenge to ownership is intended.

The mention of or reference to any companies or products in this site is not a challenge to the trademarks or copyrights concerned.

Starship Combat News is accepting advertisements in the form of banner ads. 

"Advertising on SCN has easily paid off. I hope that all aspiring game companies use you to sell their games."     - James Eisert - Powercell Games

  • Only advertisements related to space combat games or other science fiction gaming will be accepted.  

  • Banner ads will appear towards the top of the SCN Home page, and other common pages of this website. 

  • The base cost of a banner ad is $3 (US) per month which is less than 10 cents a day.  Purchasing 6 or 12 month blocks will result in bonus months that reduce the cost per day even more.

  • A reader who clicks on your advertisement will be sent to the web page of your choosing.

Why is SCN selling advertising space?

SCN started on a free web host, then moved to a friends web server who gave me free space.  Now SCN is on a commercial web host and it is not a free ride any more.  I put a lot of time and effort into SCN so my goal is to make it self-supporting instead of being financed out of my own pocket.  Advertising on SCN is not intended to make money, just cover costs and maybe put some aside for future enhancements.


What is a Banner?

A banner is a small graphic advertising a product or service provided by you.  It is rotated with other banner ads so when you access the SCN's home page, a different banner ad could appears each time you view the page.

A banner is a .bmp, .jpg, or .gif file with dimensions 468x60 pixels.  File size should be as small as possible to speed up load time.  I reserve the right to refuse a banner due to file size, inappropriate image, non-relevant topic, or other reasons.


How often will my banner be seen?

Website statistics for the banner ads show that they are viewed over 22,000 times per month.  The ad service I am using will show their own ad 7.5% of the time.  The other 92.5% of the views will rotate between the ad slots currently in use.  


How much does it cost?

There are 25 ad slots available at a cost per slot of $3 (US) per month and multiple slots can be purchased for your ad to increase the chance it will be seen.  Unsold slots may be used by SCN to advertise aspects of this website, indicate that ad space is available for purchase, or they may be unused, in which case all  ad slots in use are viewed more.


Do I get a deal if I buy more than one month at a time?

Yes, you will save money if you buy blocks of 6 or 12 months at a time:

  $15 for 6 months (get one month free)

  $27 for 12 months (get three months free)


What if I buy more than one slot?

Each additional slot will include an additional free month for even more savings.  

For example; buy one 12 month slot for $27, the second 12 month slot will only cost $24.  Third and all subsequent slots will cost the same as the second slot.

  $27 for 6 months, 2 slots

  $39 for 6 months, 3 slots

  $51 for 12 months, 2 slots

  $75 for 12 months, 3 slots


How will I know if my banner ad is effective?

Each advertiser can access a private web page to view the statistics of their ads including number of views and number of click-throughs.


How do I pay?

Payment is in U.S. dollars and can be sent directly in the form of a check or money order.  Payment may be made using PayPal to allow credit card payments and help non-US advertisers. 

Payment may also be made in the form of product instead of money at the rate of $2 worth of product giving $1 worth of advertising credit.  Arrangements to pay with product must be made and approved in advance.  

Contact Star Ranger for any questions or to make arrangements.


How do I start?

Email Star Ranger that you are interested, attach your banner if it is ready, and indicate the URL you want the the ad to link to.  Once payment is received, your advertisement will be added to the rotation.